OKedvoter.com is a voter engagement initiative by Educate OK, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan, nonprofit organization focused on increasing voter turnout among parents of school age children.
This Public Service Internship is a great opportunity for the student interested in Oklahoma voter turnout, GOTV (Get Out The Vote) programs, and community based voter initiatives. Interns will gain hand-on experience in data analysis, advocacy, and civic engagement activities.
The Public Service Intern responsibilities include:
- Updating information for OKedvoter.com website
- Create social media graphics
- Assist with voter data management and analysis
- Assist with creation of community engagement toolkits
- As schedule allows, attend meetings with coalition partners working on shared initiatives.
- Research prior election data for specific communities
- Effective time-management and communication skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with Canva graphic design & Weebly website management a plus.
Flexible hours to accommodate student’s schedule. Many projects allow for remote work, with the intern working from anywhere with a computer and internet connection.
For additional information, or to apply for the internship, contact LisaKramer@cox.net. If applying, please attach your resume with a cover letter describing your interest in the position. References may be requested.