Education for Scholars Inc.
The Volunteer Teacher’s Assistant (VTA) is responsible for providing instructional aide to assigned classroom teachers which will assist them in achieving their educational objectives. The VTA will work with students individually or in small groups. The VTA will support the regular classroom teacher in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and the available resource materials.
- Certified teacher or student studying education with enrollment at an institution of higher learning
- Classroom teaching experience or is maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or better in college courses
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with the school community
Special Knowledge/ Skills-
- Ability to assist students in reading, writing, mathematics as well as in core subjects
- Ability to work well with children and/or teens
- Ability to communicate effectively
Experience in at least one of these areas:
- Background to include activities that involve students or an interest in working with school age children
- Experience working or currently being trained to work in an instructional environment
- Experience or currently being trained to work in the areas of child development and/or education