Position: Events and Account Services Intern – Communications
Hours: 10+ hrs/week. We will accommodate interns’ schedules as best as possible. Actual hours may vary.
Compensation: Unpaid, 3 hours of General Elective academic credit if enrolled in PS 3593. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this course.
Job Description: The Events and Account Services Intern will play an integral role in the planning and execution of Chamber events and services. This person must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. You will need to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear, effective communication and critical thinking. The intern must possess excellent organizational skills and have an eye for detail. You must be able to work well under pressure, make decisions, and ensure the smooth and efficient running of all events. This position will report to the Director of Events and the Director of Accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact vendors and venues for event logistics
- Conduct research on Chamber event trends
- Assist with various Chamber events
- Oversee event listings at https://tulsachamber.com/events/chamber-events/
- Assist with event A/V content creation, including sponsorship recognition
- Schedule social media content across multiple platforms
- Provide general administrative support on various activities and projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outgoing and well spoken
- Self-starter willing to take the initiative
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A positive “can-do” attitude and a desire to learn
- Prompt response time to emails and other forms of communication
- Ability to work in a team environment
Required Education and/or Experience: Must be a Junior or Senior college student with previous experience in either an internship or college course.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: You will normally be working in a typical office environment with occasional outdoor exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements. You may be asked to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment. Occasionally you will have to life and move objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
About the Chamber:
“The Tulsa Regional Chamber is the principal business-driven leadership organization improving the quality of community life through the development of regional economic prosperity.” Since its inception in 1903, the Tulsa Regional Chamber has served as an integral part of growing jobs, growing talent and growing opportunity in Northeast Oklahoma.