Community Service Work Study Position
• Meet Mission & Vision of Tulsa SPCA.
• Comply with all Tulsa SPCA policies and procedures, including a high standard of dependability for promptness and attendance.
• Provide each guest with the best possible customer service.
• Open and close reception area each day as needed.
• Actively engage members of the public when they arrive on-site or call. Connect visitors with appropriate staff based on their needs.
• Check phone messages; return calls or transfer to appropriate staff member.
• Check email messages; reply or transfer to appropriate staff member.
• Answer basic operational inquiries: hours of operation, directions to shelter, shot clinic information, Tulsa SPCA event schedules, and lost pet inquiries.
• Assist Adoption department as time permits.
• Assist Volunteer department with Community Service program: paperwork and signing in new workers.
• Assist with daily volunteer management tasks.
• Assist with event planning and execution.
• May assist with mailings and sorting of various paperwork.
• Contribute to the success of the Tulsa SPCA by identifying and assisting with opportunities to improve successful outcomes.
• Take initiative to remain busy, seeking additional work during slow periods.
• Assist other departments with any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Operations, Executive Director, or Director of Community Engagement.
• Must exhibit strong interpersonal and customer service skills; along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
10-20 hours per week