Thousands of young Tulsans cannot get the help they need to succeed because they lack adequate transportation to get to clinics, educational opportunities, training, or social service agencies. Ultimately, this problem leads to decreased physical and mental health, poorer education outcomes, and lower employment rates compared to their peers who have reliable transportation.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Become a volunteer driver with Modus!
…BUT WHO IS MODUS?
At Modus, we are changing the way that young people think about transportation to ensure that everyone can access the services and opportunities they need to succeed.
HOW WE HELP YOUNG TULSANS:
Under our transportation service, Modus matches youth (ages 13-24) who need transportation with passionate, volunteer drivers who then transport the youth clients to and from the services they need using their personal vehicles. We also have an educational program called ModusEd, which teaches local high school students how to use existing transit options, like Tulsa Transit, so they can get to school and part-time jobs. Since beginning in 2017, we have already helped over 250 local youth get to critical health and social service appointments and increased youth ridership on the bus by 30%.
HOW YOU’LL HELP YOUNG TULSANS:
- By becoming a volunteer driver, you’re increasing equal access to opportunities for youth, who otherwise may miss, skip, or avoid opportunities because of lack of adequate transportation.
- By giving a Modus ride, you’re showing young people that their community cares about their success and ultimately showing young people that they’re not in this life alone and can receive the support they need to be successful.
YOU’LL BE PERFECT FOR THIS IF:
- You have a passion for helping others.
- You want to help create equality among Tulsans.
- You’re looking for an opportunity to volunteer at your own pace and availability, where there’s no demanding labor or long hours to commit to.
- You’re looking for an opportunity that allows you to directly see the impact you’re having among the young people you’re helping.
- You’re punctual, yet flexible with changes.
- You’re wanting an opportunity that allows you to explore your community and equips you with the knowledge of existing resources across the city.
READY TO HELP US DRIVE CHANGE?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more, or fill out an application on our website, https://www.modustulsa.org/apply
REQUIREMENTS TO DRIVE:
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21-years-old.
- Must have a clean vehicle in good working condition.
- Must have proof of vehicle insurance.